Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Banking on a snow day!

I stayed up until 5am this morning because 1. I was talking on the phone and 2. I was banking on a snow day. Terrible idea in theory because whenever you are banking on something happening--it usually doesn't!! I finally go to sleep and I abruptly wake up and check my phone to see the time--5:45AM. I'm all disappointed because they usually call a delay or cancellation between 5:30 and 5:45am. Shoot! I just got like 3 hours of sleep and am going to have to go into work in another hour. Pouting, I toss my phone into my headboard shelf and try to maximize my sleep time...

5:46AM--I receive a text message...Waterloo schools is closed for the day. :)

Sometimes things just don't happen when you think they're going to or when you think they should. I turned off my alarm and turned off my phone and blissfully slept until 11:30am. I guess sometimes it's ok to bank on a snow day.

No comments:

Post a Comment